Monday, July 6, 2009

Psalm 31 Revelations

Psalm 31: verses 1 - 5


" refuge, never be put to shame, deliver me, rescue, rock of refuge, strong fortress, rock and fortress,free me from trap, refuge "

Our hiding place, our safety, the one who rescues, delivers and frees us our rock, our fortress?

In Him - verse 1 "In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; "
We take refuge in Him, we hide ourselves in Him, not in his temple, or in his provision, or whatever of him but in Him, In God we take refuge.

" let me never be put to shame; " And ask him let us never be put to shame, which is entirely possible if we are hiding in Him.

"deliver me in your righteousness."
We even ask him to deliver us, in His righteousness. Struggling to live a pure life, to live right before God. We ask God to deliver us from our situations, in HIS righteousness.

"Turn your ear to me,
come quickly to my rescue;"
When I go through a situation, I should be calling out to Him first thing,asking Him to turn his ear to me (David is fully expectant that God can and will hear him that is why he says God turn your ear to me and come quickly to my rescue!) Cry out to To not let us be put to shame, God to deliver us in his righteousness and to come quickly to our rescue...He is able and we shoudl be crying out to him, not waiting for temptation to be full blown or the enemy to strike in Him we take refuge! We hid ourselves...and not just in trouble but every day...

"be my rock of refuge,
a strong fortress to save me.
3 Since you are my rock and my fortress,
for the sake of your name lead and guide me."

God needs to be my strength, my rock the strength I am leaning on. He is strong, but we also need to let him be our ROCk of refuge (hiding place), a STRONG fortress emphasizing yet again the strenght of God in whom we hide to Save Us. Where are we hiding, are we hiding and if yes where are we hiding to be saved...David again repeats...in verse 3 Since you are my rock and fortress.. Saying but God, I am hidden in you and protected in you, you are the one in whom I am hidden... And because of that, for the sake of your name, for your glory, becuase of who you are...
Lead and guide me. Wow so from that place of hiddenness, we say the next thing. the next step God, my next move. You lead and guide me...You direct me... Hectic. this is not only asking God for his will, but asking him for his will for his name's sake...Its almost like when people say it's not the fact that you are prayign thats wrong, its how you are praying, from what perspective.

"4 Free me from the trap that is set for me,
for you are my refuge. "

Cause the devil has a plan, daily there are traps, there are snares, there are temptations or even my own weaknesses, baggage pasts, Lord, Free me from that, because you are the one where i am safe in.

"5 Into your hands I commit my spirit;
redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth. "

What it comes down to is saying God, I give the very me, the deepest part of me, the life of me,my essence to You. I place that in your hands. and say Lord. Redeem me, Buy me back, pay the cost that is on my life, O Lord! the God who doesn't lie, who is real and whose heart and word is real, who is truth...Redeem me.

Summary.

I take my refuge in Him, in Him I hide, and give to him, my spirit. I ask him to lead and guide me. He is a rock of Refuge and a strong fortress. I ask him to not only free and deliver me, but I ask him to redeem me, in light of who he is, the LORD, the God of Truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment