Friday, October 26, 2012

My thoughts on Community - Celebration and Honour....

Based on what I see, what I read, what I don't see, what I hear, what is intended, what actually occurs without the titles...I have formed my view on community. This is in the christian context. This is what I desire.

Often times we use the term Community or even Spiritual Family, but then what is occuring in those groups is just people getting together to do the work of the ministry. We are involved, we are there week in week out, but we still feel alone, or don't feel known. We then get our satisfaction knowing we aren't doing this for man but for God, and keep on keeping on.

But what I am beginning to see, through the teachings of Bethel, and through individuals and people in SA that live differently, is community is about living together, building together, but living together, its about knowing others and celebrating who they are, and being known. A culture of honour, and that honour doesn't just go outwards, but accross. I want to be a part, I feel valued, I feel known. We are more than ministry collegues, we get one another's hearts.

Wrote this on FB the other day:
I think a big building block of community, is real relationship between the smallest individual components. Where it comes down to u and me! I think if that is real we can build from there. Often time people are trying to build community the opposite way, externally, instead of starting with those u already have and adding. I desire real community. Thanks to those who share that with me.

Lets begin there, those in your life, value them, honour them, celebrate their lives, cry with them. Get to know them, pray about them.... What will grow from there will bless the rest around you, lets begin that culture, that is true community. Where I know you and you know me, and we worship and live together.

Its more than just a label.

No comments:

Post a Comment