Tuesday, July 21, 2015

House Hunting, Peace Hunting, Dreaming and Trusting God...

So this year has been the journey of finding a place for me :)

It's been quite an interesting process, and at times quite stressful time. And for a dreamer like me, the balance between dreaming bigger when you can see the potential in a place, yet being practical and then looking at your budget, then stepping out and believing for more than your budget, has been challenging yet grew me.

Some things I have learnt in this process:

1) I now understand why people don't want to deal with Estate Agents. I couldn't understand because my mom is the ultimate loyal, willing to take less commission, listening to your needs and helping you agent. In this journey I have found some the exact opposite of that, but also amazing agents who have given me advice even though they have nothing to gain. But just enjoyed seeing what is the reality.

2) It's all about negotiation... wow this has been a hectic one to learn. And I think it's influencing other areas of my life too. I managed to negotioate one flat from the advertised price of R445 000 down to R380 000,  now makes me wonder what it really was going for. We didn't take it simply because it didn't seem safe and it doesn't help you are living in a security complex but not safe insider the complex.

3) From others, when you are in the place you are meant to be in you will know...

No comments:

Post a Comment