Thursday, June 11, 2009

Leaving TSF and Getting a New Job

***Leaving TSF...***

To the Most of Everybody...

By now you may or may not have heard God has decided that this little bird has to get out of the nest (the shuttleworth foundation) and begin to fly... From 1 March, unless get a job before that), I will not be employed by the Foundation anymore therefore, this old faithful e-mail address will no longer be used by me... I have therefore decided to give you all my newly created gmail address, so you can start mailing me there :)

For those that I haven't seen or spoken to or read:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...

God bless!
Chan

***GOT THE JOB!!!***

Hey people, got the job!!!

"NOTHING CAN STOP THE FAVOUR OF THE LORD! IT'S UNSTOPPABLE" -Israel...

My scripture for the day:

Psalm 44:3

It was not by their sword that they won the land,
nor did their arm bring them victory;
it was your right hand, your arm,
and the light of your face, for you loved them.

Thank God that the light of His face was shining on me!!!

They 50% of my medical, I get petrol allowance, they want to grow me into a managerial position of the department... If I want training I get it. They're going to put an internet ADSL line to my house in the rare event of me having to work from home... Also the guy who I work with has been there many years and doesn't really like going to clients, so I will be going to clients, yeah... In the Western Cape and outside of it...

Ok... so for those who are wondering what's going on? Basically my current work isn't renewing my contract. This forced me to face my fears, trust God and apply for new jobs... The first job I applied for, got an interview Friday, the MD forwarded my details to another department for another position. I went for that interview today. She called me back about 30 min ago to say I've got the job. Praise God!

New challenges, I need to be able to influence the people around me to do the job better...

This is funny: I asked the lady how the other candidates did. She said the one didn't pitch and the other came late...(It's amazing I didn't, well I'm growing!)

Also, it's a technical job and they didn't ask me a single technical question!

Anyway back to work...

God bless! Trust God!

Chan

***Great advice from my previous manager at TSF,***

Wow, that sounds like quite a challenge. If I can give you any advice, it's simply step up to the plate. This isn't the time to sit back and wait for people to tell you what to do and how to do it. Remember Thomas' first law of employment - if someone else manages to tell you what to do in your new job and how to do, they probably didn't need to hire you in the first place. Companies generally have problems, they hire people to solve those problems. Great people realise intuitively what needs to be done and make it happen. Bad people wait for someone to tell them. So once again, step up to the plate. -TSB

He was also the one who spoke to me first about Tipping Point and who told me that at TSF they may not always praise me (not getting the right word) not because I havent done things praiseworthy things, but at this work they hired us because they believe in us so we're just doing what they expected of us anyway...They expected the best. He also said I shouldnt take everything everyone says, even him his boss...

I also had other great managers and collegues at that work who really went out of their way to prepare me for my new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment