Friday, November 2, 2007

God, you so funny....

Hey God is so funny if you available he can use whatever you have for his glory and even anoint it and cause others to respond.

This friday at the street outreach, Sophie asked me to rap my rap. I wasnt feeling funky that night, the crowd who was mostly our youth, werent responding to hardly anything only Petula's song, so it was a bit like Oh no....for me inside, but of course I did it anyway..I first got a hectic introduction, the girl all the way from the united states of new york, kuils river... and then I take mike and do my whistle to get the attention of the youth and they respond by doing the proper whistle back(getting there getting there)
I then ask who's from Kuils river, whos from Kraaifontein, the crowd screams, athtthis stage I was going to go into the explaination then then I hear, Parow, so I ask Parow, Bonteheuwel, Elsies, Wesbank, Belhar, etc,etc... Then in normal english I explain the meaning of my rap, which I should do now anyway,not sure if I did blog this one before...

You see KraaiFontein means Cry Fountains, So Kraaifontein makes people sad, whereas Kuils River, is the place to be. Ayeyah

I ask Eugene for a beat and begin to rap

My Naam is Chandre
Ek kom van die Kuila
En as jy vi my kyk
Dan wil ek soma huila
So se maar liewer ayeya! (Ayeyah!)

My name is Judy tay opposite 4 Square
Can't you see by my curly hair
Dont look at me and dont' you stare
Rather say, oh Yeah! (o Yeah!)

My name is Justice
and I am da fireman
Cant you see dat I live in da Pan
When the fire comes I take out my water gun
So Everybody just say, Aya Man (Aya Man!)


The funny thing is while rapping some other young people came off the streets and joined the crowd and they really all enjoyed the rap so much so tha I had to sing it twice...GOD You really are funny how you can use a rap that I made up to go on with my friends to draw people

That is the secret...You and being available. Lord thankyou for using me. Lord do a deep work in the hearts of the youth!

No comments:

Post a Comment