Tuesday, November 20, 2007

morning word again...

Psalm 24: 3 - 4

3 Who may ascend the hill of the LORD ?
Who may stand in his holy place?

4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
who does not lift up his soul to an idol
or swear by what is false.

Had a revelation in the car on the way to work about this scripture.... (and the song)

Why Clean Hands and a Pure heart...?

Clean Hands = equals what you do, (not quick to shed blood), not doing wrong with these hands, doing the right thing with this hands, in otherwords my life. May my life be right, clean, may I reflect you, in what I do?

Pure Heart = The Motive the heart behind what I do, without the pure heart I could become legalistic or think I am right by the good deeds that I do yet in my heart it is done for the wrong reasons or pride creeps in. But if my heart is submitted to his Lordship, bowed down within, filled with his love, if God roots out the impurities, if I love others, if I allow God to repeatedly inspect my heart and the motives of my heart, then a clean hand life will flow out of that.

Oh God, give me clean hands and a pure heart! in the name of Jesus.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment