Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Job 2 Onwards - Friends/People Comments...

This word isn't one of those that I feel I am getting from the Lord and must blog, it's merely when I read this, I could relate. So this post is not meant to be a biblestudy, but more I get Job, I agree, I know how he feels post.

After all these things happen to Job, firstly instead of being supportive or empathatic (is that a weird) his wife tries to tell him what to do - Curse God...

Firstly, Job's friends come to him and just mourn with him but after that when Job shares his heart,

(
25 What I feared has come upon me;
what I dreaded has happened to me.
26 I have no peace, no quietness;
I have no rest, but only turmoil."
)
(I can only imagine what it feels to feel like this)

this is his friends response:

1 Then Eliphaz the Temanite replied:
2 "If someone ventures a word with you, will you be impatient?
But who can keep from speaking?
3 Think how you have instructed many,
how you have strengthened feeble hands.
4 Your words have supported those who stumbled;
you have strengthened faltering knees.
5 But now trouble comes to you, and you are discouraged;
it strikes you, and you are dismayed.
6 Should not your piety be your confidence
and your blameless ways your hope?

IOW -> You supposed to be so strong, you're strong for everyone else. Now that you have a problem, look at how you are reacting. If u've done nothing wrong shouldnt that be your confidence.

When everything is falling apart in your life, instead of bring words of hope, strength, not just random but thoughtful words, they take the opportunity to give their opinion, and even try and teach Job.

No comments:

Post a Comment