Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Two Offerings God expects of me

(Word God has given me in this time of stressing about unanswered stuff...)

There are more but these are the 2 God has been revealing to me in worship/word time. These offerings God is asking of me in the midst of questions, in the midsts of trying circumstances, in the midst of storms and ups and downs of life... I can worry, I can stress, fret and be frustrated or I can be religious, legalistic, or I can do my own thing, but what I believe God is saying his solution his way in this season is... to offer...

1) An Offering of Brokenness

Psalm 51:
16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17 The sacrifices of God are [c] a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise.

This means keeping my heart pure, forgiving, staying humble before God and people,etc.etc...Denying myself and desiring Gods will, way and purity from the deepest parts of my heart and going out there and correcting things I need to do get to that place of a broken spirit and broken and contrite heart...

2) An Offering of Thankfulness

Psalm 50
23 He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me,
and he prepares the way
so that I may show him [b] the salvation of God."

Instead of worrying etc.God is expecting me to thank him in this time, cause he has been doing a lot of things, and the worrying is distracting me from seeing his goodness and thanking him in the midst of things and yet that is what paves the way to God coming through for me (the salvation of God). So being thankful, thanking him continuously, honours him and prepares the way for God to come through...

Am I expecting change yet not deliberately living out God's solutions to the problems of life...

Lord I thank You that You have chosen me to walk humbly and in awe of you! I thank you for the many blessings you bestow on me daily and for your hand upon my and my family's life, I thank you that I can look to you and that you are worthy and faithful... Lord continue to reveal to me the blockages in my heart holding me back from walking in your fulness and help me to sort those things out. You are amazing Lord. and You are in control so I look to you as the author and perfector of my faith. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. *Hi, you recently participated in the 24.com Blog Survey and we would like to touch base with you to learn more about your blog and its content. We are also looking for female bloggers in the age group of 20-30 to possibly feature in a magazine article on blogging. Please can you contact Marissa at marissa@atmosphere.co.za or 021-469-1596 as soon as possible to let us know your interest? Kindly provide me with a telephone number to contact you asap to discuss. You can also view the results of the 24.com survey here: http://blogs.24.com/blogsurvey/results_home.htm Kind regards, Marissa Visagie*

    ReplyDelete