Saturday, May 9, 2009

Nice Interview about Spiritual hunger with Misty Edwards that I typed out

Spiritual Hunger...Misty Edwards IHOP interview

Guy:
The dry season I promise you it will pass. If you stay in the place of hunger
I don't wanna depress you, it could be a year...
The reality is not one moment, not one cry of the human heart ever goes ignored before the throne room
So if you going "I dont feel him..." That ache has been ringing through the ages and he's listening.
And to end up in the place of/where the revelation of the Lord is touching you is profound

M.E:
Oh and even just meeting him in the ache. He said blessed are the hungry. Sometimes we think that encountering God is to be fully satisfied and to encounter him means I seeing angels and I'm going to the 3rd heaven. Encountering God sometimes is encountering him in hunger. And Going Ok, I dont feel you I cant see you i dont really hear you but I am going to stay in this wilderness and I'm going to trust that you are working, the hand of the potter. I love the way you say that cause I know those seasons,I've been through many many seasons of just barren prayer and God feels so far away, but just knowing that I move him and is it enough for me at the end of the day, that even if I am not moved, is it enough to know that I moved him, and it is. it's enough.

lady:
And the nature of hunger is pain..
Everyone saysI'm hungry, I'm hungry, I'm Hungry Well OW, I try and get out of hunger. in the natural if I'm hungry I want pizza, I wanna do something to take the hunger pang away.
But to live in the place of hunger, to stay there and not be satisfied with a counterfeit and to stay even in the wilderness and not self deliver but wait for God to come, this is abandonment and to say you come meet me here, I wanna taste royalty?loyalty here...

M.E:
Exactly, That is abandonment , when you going I'm not going to take those 4 hours and go to a movie or go shopping or do those things i'm going to sit here for 4 hours ,cause thats the block of time I have and I am going to at least do my part and the rest of it is up to you God. if you come

and over time, again it's over time you start to feel your heart melting
things happen over time
and you look back at those dry seasons (or I do) and I go, I see how much depth the Lord put in me and how much I was learning about myself and learning about God in that season. I wouldnt trade those seasons for the world

lady
Yes, he's leadership is perfect

M.E
Thats so true

Lady:
It feels so dark and empty in that time and then you come out of it and you almost miss it

M.E:
Yeah you meet him there

Lady
It's like a little twisted, but it's like you were there in a way that you're not here
unique.

M.E:
it's true, and every season has its purpose

Guy:
But I wanna encourage you because i've run into just through our travels many people who would come up to me and say "I can't find God in my church, I can't find God in my college group "whatever the issue, wherever you in" i wanna talk to you specifically and I wanna encourage you to stay- I'm not telling you to stay in your circumstances, but to stay what Misty brought up Blessed are those who are hungry, Stay in that place because what you are developing in there is a perpetual hunger that is ,it's taking you so deep. And when the Lord does come and breathe upon you, you feel his presence your depth will be so much greater and stay hungry and stay with hope. Stay, Stay Do not let hope dwindle...
get to conferences come to the onething conference get refreshed and go back home but Stay in the place of hunger...I plead,I encourage you because the rewards will be amazing here and also in the age to come. I just think there are some of you that are going "you know what I am dry I wanna give in " Do not throw in the towell. Stay in the place, Stay in the Place and He will reward you.

Heavenly Father I thank you for what you are doing in this generation. I am positive that the hand of a divine God is working in this generation and I pray right now in the name of Jesus, that the Holy Spirit would breathe on this generation and spark something within their hearts, that hunger, that perpetual hunger that would catapult them into the deep things of the knowledge of God that would leave them eternally fascinated. I'm talking eternally fascinated, all the days of their life in this age let them live radically abandoned. Fully of Business people, lawyers, doctors, construction workers I'm asking set this generation ablaze and I pray this now in the name of Jesus. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment