Sunday, June 17, 2007

Some Old Poetry and Songs and Writings - That may Still be true :)

Most written in 2002 and before that but all written by me

1) I will praise You, My Psalm

I will praise You for all that You are
For You are more than everything
I will praise You regardless of what I feel
For this is bigger than emotions
I will praise You no matter who’s watching
For You are my song, and can’t be quieted
I will praise You for all of my days
For my day,my years,my life belongs to You
I will praise You early in the morning
For You have given me a brand new hope
I will praise You in the darkest of nights
For Your light will never be overshadowed
I will praise You when my heart is broken
For You are the healer of wounds
I will praise You when I reach higher heights
For without You I am lower than low
I will praise You for every good thing
For that simply means that it came from You
I will praise You for every grieving trial
For if I made it through it only means I’m stronger
I will praise You for every good friend in my life
For it only means for each friend put in my life,You have thought of me
I will praise You for my family
For You love me enough, not to leave me alone
I will praise you for every smile and laugh that comes from my lips
For it is only the joy of Your Salvation that makes me happy
I will praise You for every tear, and broken heart
For it is then that I feel Your comfort the most
I will praise You for my every breath
For it means that You have a purpose and hope for me
I will praise You even in my death
For it means at last I can be with you

I will praise You no matter what.
For You are everything,
My life, my being, my comfort, my strength, my love…
My God.

2) Take a breath

Take a breath
Slow down
You’re running way too fast
Hold on
Close your eyes
Hear my breathing
Listen to my voice

Let go
You’re holding on too tight
Your weights are pulling you back
Don’t worry
Take my load
It is easy and gentle
Let me carry you

Put out your hand
And quiet down
And you will feel my palms against yours

I never leave, nor do I sleep
I know your fears.
But if you won’t speak to me
I can’t show you what to do
And if I write the answers down
You wont understand if you don’t read

Trust me, everything will work out.
You just have to take it one step at a time…
Slowly now, there’s so much I still wanna show you, teach you
Aah, I see you are beginning to understand.
All I wanna do is hold you
Look after you
Be with you
Commune with you
Love you
Give you My peace

3) The Foreverness of God…

Just been thinking about God and how everything he does is forever,eternal, never ending…

I think about His eternal love…undending…
I think about the cross how it was for all people, forever after that.
I think about how He made eternity for us.
I think about how He is outside of time. There’s just no end.
I think about how he said let there be light, and today that light is still reaching out, stretching and reaching galaxies, unknown till the light came and continues to go on.

Everything from God and in God is eternal, lasts forever. It is unending, knows no limits, no boundaries and continues to go out, reaching further and further, getting closer, yet still so far to go, and keep going.

So doesn’t it just seem right that when it comes to things of us, that You wouldn’t still work in Your forever way. That Your purposes in our lives are just events and not something that You are continuing and growing and changing.

Oh Lord when you saved us, it wasn’t only so we could now rest assured that we are going to heaven, it wasn’t only so that we can know our sins are now forgiven because of the blood of the lamb. It wasn’t a once off thing. It was an eternal ever changing, ever growing, ever shaping, ever taking us to the next glory, higher and higher, till we realise we only reached the tip of the iceberg and that you have even more install for us.

Eternal things are things that can’t be measured, can’t be put into a box, can’t stop it from moving because there are just no boundaries, no edges, no markings, it just keeps going where it’s never been before, new places, new dreams replacing old ones, newer dreams replacing the new ones, new joys, new challenges, yet new rewards, victories, only to find that the new is old again and there’s more in store.

Let us never stop seeking and serving this eternal God, let us never think that our love is enough, and always seek to be more, do more, love more, give more, show more, surrender more, to the God who’s more never ends. May we realise that what He began in us, wasn’t meant to end then, but that even now, he is longing for us to press in even more and not be satisfied with just yesterday’s blessings, but just desire, take hold of the abundance and the “more” he has!

May we forever be changed and want to be changed, be in His presence and desire to be, be humbled and want to be broken before and eternal God, who eternally loves, shapes and saves. May we always place our lives in His hands and allow His hands to mould us into what He had planned for us since the beginning of time.

Love you Lord.

4) Deeper than deep

Deeper than deep
Never let me go
When my world crashes down
And the storm winds blow

When I’ve cried my last tear
And I’ve lost my last will
Deeper than Deep
Remain with me still

5) 19 May 2002 - A prayer to my Saviour

A great sacrifice, A precious gift
Given by One who’s heart of Love
Has room enough for me

Past hurts and Present fears
Threatening to Cloud my hope and vision
Stumbling as I try to be what You want

Lost faith in people, Grudges gained
The Image of You, fastly fading from me
I ask how much more can I take?

Reminded again of You
All answers, strength and Life in You
How could I forget You?

For what if You too forgot
Decided it was one too many times
And turned Your back on my sins

Your great Love kept me from being consumed
You gave it all for me
You became my Father and I Your Child

Shape me, Oh Lord, in Your Potters Hand
Fill me with your Love, Holiness and Joy
Teach me, and Mould me

I love You Lord, God of My heart
In Your Arms I find my peace
Without You I am lost

Thank You always, My Messiah
You saved me and I am
Eternally grateful

Thankyou

6) Constant

Sometimes just life itself’s a challenge
without being watched.
Sometimes just getting up in the morning’s
a battle to be won.
Sometimes faithful prayers seem faithless
and cries don’t reach the roof.
Sometimes I feel so far away
when my whole being longs for You.

Yet,Sometimes when everything’s so confusing
I know that You’re the truth.
And when everyone’s deserted me
I know that I’ll find You.
And when I’m running scared and lonely
Your love will shelter me.
When I’m feeling hurt and broken
I’ll find peace beneath Your wings.

Chorus:
Through all the shattered pieces of my heart
His love remains constant
Through all the hurt we cause,impose
His love remains constant
In our lowest moments,deepest mistakes
His love remains constant
Rollercoaster lives, Changing, Falling
He remains constant,
So constant

Cause when everything we see is falling
We’re to look beyond the seen.
Cause when everything seems huge and frightening
We’re to look within.
Cause when the grey clouds bring the storms and rain
The Sun still shines above.
When we’ve reached the bottom of this pit
His heart still burns with love.
Cause God is who He says He is,
Not a man that He should lie
And when man would push and shove to live
He would rather die.
Through lies deceit people with two faces
He remains the same
The sinner, the broken, the quitter,the lost
His ageless,constant aim

Never changing hope, never fading truth, endless love
You remain constant… so constant
My only hope, the truth, my love
You remain constant… so constant

7) I breathe and I live

Sometimes, Lord You feel so far away
And I feel that I can't pray
And my tears, they are running down my face
And fear seems to overwhelm my faith

chorus:
But into your presence Lord I run
no matter what I feel
Your shadow it hides me, humbles me
and so I kneel
Love always close, Mercy near
You'll never leave
And it's in your presence that I breathe
I breathe and I live

Father, God, You are so faithful...
You say the Word and it stays true...
And while my life goes round and round(& round & round)
You remain the same...

chorus

bridge
One more time, I close my eyes
One more time, You forgive me
And though I fall, I am not fallen
And though I bleed, I will not die

And one more time, You lift me up!
And one more time, You rescue me!
And though I cry, You draw near
And though I weep, I know I'll dance again...

8) This is the Secret
(see hopeofglory.blogspot.com for info on song)

verse 1:

I close my eyes
And I am surrounded
By the beauty of Your love

In pastures green
You make me lie down
And I find Your peace

Totally secure in You
Satisfied by Your sweet truth

Chorus:

This is the secret
And how can I not be in awe
Mystery revealed
And how can I not be overwhelmed
Jesus in me
My heart can’t contain this joy I’ve found
Companion’s with You
All of my days I’ll humbly bow
For You’ve chosen me, to know
The secret of Your glorious love…

verse 2:

Eyes open wide
And all I can see
Are traces of Your majesty

Creation bears witness
We shout Your praises
Inviting all to join in (this dance)

Hear the redeemed, say “I am free”
Hear the song, “He’s chosen me”


9)My heart in Your hands
Friday, 23 September 2005


Comments: I guess the only safe place and where it's meant to be for our hearts, is in His hands... Bible says Guard your heart, and the heart is deceitful...Let's give our hearts to him to heal and look after and to love.

As I listen once again
I'm wondering if you could hold me
Can I rest my head on Your shoulder
knowing you or I'll never leave

Can You hold my heart inside your hands
I'm afraid I'd let it go
This relationship's so precious
I cannot afford to take any risks

You're the only one who knows me
You know me better than myself
Will You show me how to love You more
Show me how to bless Your heart

I'm standing here with outstretched arms
Praying you'll reach down
I cannot without You Lord
I'm clumsy with my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment