Saturday, June 30, 2007

thought I'd add some more explaining

This is what I wrote to a friend about what this song means to me.

The lyrics that stand out for me is:

Oh love in the shadows
Be the light who leads me on

What I'm currently experiencing is God, is someone who no. 1 finds you in the shadow and leads you to the light, even when everyone else is looking at you and judging the fact that you may be in a shadow, or even not looking at you or even to you everyone else looks brighter and you're just in the shadow, but He comes and finds you in the shadow and leads you to his light... thats point no.1 but even greater is point no. 2 that He comes and loves you in the shadows. At the worst point in your life, or even your darkest moment. Love finds you there...

Weird Observation no. 2 which is probably something I should get used to. When I listened to the meaning behind the song I got quite a fright because Joel said the same thing I say so many times, and still need to blog, that God defines Love, and what i know of love is just a drop of what love really is, and if i want to know love and love, i need to grow in Him first, in receiving and loving him (Just love on Him) and in that I will begin knowing and being defined by true love...(1 John, God is love). And with this love completing and filling me, I can love others, not with my previous needy, selfish or emotional or even sentimental love, but with the Agape, God kind of love, that has no conditions, limits, that is so filling me, that it overflows into the lives of those who I come into contact with. That I have something to give :)

Lord thankyou for your love in the shadows... You are absolutely amazing, and your Love really is my anchor, even when my whole life is falling apart, your light has always been the flame in the darkness, it has never gone out, only burned brighter and brighter as I have looked to you first... I'm sorry for looking to the left and to the right and for trying to find you in the people around me. You are there, but I know that you dont want me to know you just through people or books or even experiences, events. But you want to transform my life with your Ephesians 3 love that I cannot even the heights or depths of this love, as I yield, surrender and seek Your face.

Love You Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment