Sunday, June 17, 2007

Teachers Strike...

I may be very misinformed about this as because no. 1 I've been so busy this past months havent been able to sit down and properly read the newspaper, or speak to teachers or even my parents about this... But just going to blog some of my thoughts on this... and may update this post again when I have more info...

But I definitely agree teachers should get paid more! Thats why all our teachers are leaving to the UK...But with striking for more than a couple of days my question is who has to pay for this at the end of the day. Right now the teachers arent budging, the government isnt budging, but who pays. As usual, the children. The youth.

In my final year of school we didnt have a maths teacher for like 6 months, and had one Physics teacher who taught 3 classes in one teaching HG and SG at the same time because of Rationalisation at the time -> The government deciding to shuffle teachers round. Their agendas were met but who suffered, we did.

Please consider the youth in all your decisions, you so busy fighting for freedom, but your freedom is putting bondages on others. We are the future of Cape Town, South Africa, The world. And I am not making this statement to the teachers but to all... Abortion activists, Policy Makers, MTV (we know your no. 1 market is our kids, but please realise they your kids you are affecting too), Church goers, etc.etc...

Back to the strike topic? How will the government give the teachers their 12% increase? Where does the money come from. I realise everyone is saying look at the politicians pockets, but if they took of their salaries then that is heading in the direction of communism where the doctor and the streetworker gets paid the same. There needs to be something to work towards...

I speak under correction but the Model C schools teachers get paid by the pupils school fees? Is that why they not really marching with ? In normal schools does the school fees go towards salaries eventually? Why not force kids to pay their school fees and if they cant then they can make arrangements with the school. I know when I was at school (and I was at a Private, Model C and State schools) there were many who could more than afford it who didnt pay their school fees)...

I do love the teachers for putting up with todays young people, I was one for 6 months and valued the good teachers and got irritated with the rude teachers for not realising the position of influence they have and the way their words are affecting young peoples lives. I went to visit one of my ex pupils Friday whose 17 now! he was 12 when I last saw him... But guys can we come up with a solution that does not affect the June Exams, the young people. Is not having school for 2 weeks really the only way to be heard?

[[disclaimer, I will be asking around more and getting more info to form my final opinion of this situation...]]

No comments:

Post a Comment