Saturday, October 27, 2007

What a crazy day...

This day began with me rushing to wash my hair so that my mom could dry it before going to her church bazaar and realizing after I finished washing it, I should go to the hairdresser seeing as its the only time I have, and the only day I have money (the day after pay day). I end up sitting for about 20 minutes in the hairdresser only to see they dont have the products I have, but manage to get an appointment by a lovely christian hairdresser, Alethea in Belhar. (In the meantime I forget my pj's in the bathroom cause it wasnt the bathroom I usually use, but will possibly face the music tomorrow). Also got to wash half of my clothing. From there went to Wesbank to fetch Siphenathi, and ended up getting her cousin Khayakazi too, went almost too my next stop and then she had to cancel, then to the next 2 who said they are coming only to find out they cancelled, and ended up at McDonalds where one of the cell members had already been waiting for and hour, because she came earlier... (I am obviously leaving out alot of the day too year)However that was mended and it only being 4 of us, it helped with what I had in mind for today and took the 3 of them to Zewenwacht wine estate's restaurant. We had a seat outside,overlooking the dam and nature, just had a time of bonding and ended up witnessing the photography of a wedding. I then say "Leighshe look there's Trevor Manuel" Which at first at a distance just looked like a look alike but then his 2 sons came who I semi recognized and then photographer said lets take a photo of the Manuel Family and Later saw Lynne his ex wife who I worked with. Siphenathi and Khayakazi was quite excited about seeing the Minister of Finance there and wanted to take a photo but the moment was lost. However it was just a great time of laughing and bonding and just in a sense weirdness. I do mention my thought of maybe going into teaching to Lynn. The 4 of us then take some pics and then head inside to leave, but before we leave we go and sit in this lounge and just shared prayer requests and prayed for each other. The Manager told us we must come again... Quite funny everyone there but us are wearing churchlooking clothes....

After that Leighshe and I took out 2 movies, but then i received an sms from my mother that i'm in trouble because of the pj's and we decide to take the one we chose and watch it at our own homes. Now lately I havent been one for drama's because life is serious most of the times so when I watch movies I just want to relax, but because of people saying it's a good movie I chose "The pursuit of Happyness" at this stage I really wanted to watch her comedy instead but went home with the movie...

Turns out halfway through the movie I pause to cry :) not because the movie is so sad, but it is, but because so many times I want to give up and life is just really crap and there really arent answers and you just cant see how its going to work out, but this guy just doesnt give up. Regardless of all the closed doors, and it's not like he's all super confident, the closed doors really hurt, but he pursues his dream and refuses to give up. Till now my life has been a lot of listen to other people. give in to fear, missed opportunities, and this story just tells you are you still going to go on...Still going to try cause in the end as the scripture says I will press on to receive the prize. Especially the song in the movie Lord Dont take away this mountain, Give me the strength to climb it, had me crying out to Jesus (but also had me thinking on the other hand, the bible does say Mustard seed faith moves mountains)

Anyway,was also thinking about my debt situation and how I do make enough money to eventually change the odds, so what am I going to do, use the opportunities I have now to change things or squander it. And also thinking I dont want to get that position, (although it has been like that for the past 2 months) not having money even for petrol to get to work in the last week.

Anyway if you like me and you havent seen the trailer or heard what the movie is about before and you realise at the end its based on a real guys life, then listen to the special feature of the real guy and find out that he is investing in South Africa today, wow, it just makes me say Lord, Give me wisdom, help me Lord.

I dont want insecurity to win, or fear, or failure, or always having this uncertainty... Really build in my life Jesus a real sense of who I am in you,

then woh another special feature was Bebe Winans song - I can..which just touched my heart although I admit I'm not standing Superfaith yet, but crying out to Jesus!

God reminded me of his word that says His plans for me are to prosper me, and not to harm me, to give me a hope and a future...God I know that although I'm not sure what the future holds in you I have a hope and a future and I know that you will build in me the strength to climb every mountian I need to get there. Lord let me know if the desires I have in my heart are a now hting or give me the strategy in Jesus Name...

Holy Spirit, help me to be a good steward of everything you have placed in my hand in this season, in Jesus Name

Love you Lord
chan

No comments:

Post a Comment