Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lessons on Leadership, Life and I think Love

Let me start with Leadership...

I think I may have mentioned this in a previous post the one on Holiday Club I htink, that leading Leaders is hard? Well I'm going to ditto that again, except today I learnt its' not only leading leaders, but leading versus serving is hard. We had our youth leaders meeting and what I got out of it is that it's not just about going there cause you love youth and God and want to serve, but because of that Love for God and youth you lead the youth. And that is 2 completely different things. Just serving means, being there, doing my thing, befriending, loving, worshipping, connecting etc. Leading means yes doing all of that but even more discipling and taking them there where you've been till they are doing everything I said above and leading others in it. So it means being confident enough and taking the youth from point a to b and having that vision in mind. It means keeping focus. It means having a mind shift. It means you being there first.You cant take them to a place you havent been. Leadership is not easy...(AND SCARY)!But I guess you cant avoid it either. As I told someone in the week. The moment we get saved we become leader. No doubt about it. So the question isnt whether we are a leader or not but whether we are a good leader or working towards, it.etc. Cause people are watching our lives and the way we live shows them how they should be...So I guess for my birthday I probably will be at that Leadership Conference...Though still not so sure but it's leaning on 90%. May have dinner with the family... Or the Sunday Family and Friends bring and share, not sure...

Life.

Have to include a Sara Groves Quote here:

Sometimes it's hard to tell what to keep and what to kill
What of this makes us who we are
All that we love the most, all that we cannot let go
How much of change can we survive?
**** This verse speaks and speaks and speaks to me.

I'm here to re-write this tragedy
One line at a time
Hold on, I'm changing all the scenery
It's okay we'll be fine
Cause we know how this ends
We know there's a better story

**** Can remember the other day singing from this point on and not entirely sure, or trying not to think about the what ifs if it's not fine, if there isnt a better story, but praise God, there is. And he has come through!

There's a better story
Of true love of true grace
There's the hope of glory
And our first chance to be truly brave
It's the place we're going
When we can't stay where we are

It's been hectic. But God has been so faithful! Wow...This is a summary of what I learnt in this time... Obedience is better than Sacrifice... Obedience through Forgiveness, Humility, honour, Respect, Obedience, Trying again, Even if misunderstood, to Honour God first, is better than Walking away Sacrificing the relationship. This goes hand in hand with a quote I once heard. The opposite of love is not hate, but selfishness ( in this case pride)... Love puts aside the pride and humbles themself. God even used the King James Version to just remind me even though I rebel against the king James version. but the bible I had didnt have Philippians so I had to use the KJV. Phil 2

Philippians 2

1If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,

2Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.


Servant, Obedient, Humbled, No reputation, No strife, Vain Glory

Love...

Someone asked how does one get more of this sacrifical love.I hope I have it right, but firstly it comes from loving God and letting his love fill and change me. No. 2 Our hearts, as we ask God to Search our hearts, Test our thoughts, See if there is any iniquity in us and to lead us in the way everlasting. As we ask him to teach us his ways. Being mindful that God requires circumcision of heart, and he does not look at appearance but our hearts, So that we would daily, minute by minute bring our hearts before him. Ask him to purify it, thats how this sacrificial love would grow in our hearts...

Oh here was our conversation or bits of it....

11:02pmFriend
so how do i allow that reall sacrificial love to grow?

11:03pmChandré
GOD is all I can say

And it's not easy..

E.g it was easier for me to forgive most
of my life, but since I'm made a point of wanting to work at certian relationships now the pride and stubborness that I never struggled with my whole life is coming in
But becuase of Him, and me wanting to be who he wants me to be, He and I together can do this

Oh ja on another note, I'm reading the bible from the beginning and at 2 Samuel now...One thing I see so far, but it may change in the new testament, it's really has to do with your heart

11:11pmChandré
So as the end of Psalm 139 says Search my heart oh God

I think the best thing for u to do in order to love the way God wants u to love

is firstly to love God and allow his love to fill and change your heart

11:11pmChandré
And then constantly ask God to search your heart
test it
and lead u in the way everlasting.To teach you his ways

11:14pmChandré
Oh by the way my definition of Love... (found this in one of my notes)

4.Believe in love:
Of course, but even bigger than that I believe in God who defines love so I know that my version of what it is isnt even a drop and so am letting him teach me
you should really say God, U teach me and he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment