Monday, July 14, 2008

Thoughts!

Relationships

The funny thing about me is that I worry about things I asked for. For e.g I just found a list I wrote years ago of what I want in my Mr Right...May still add this later but we'll see. And at the end I ask God that when he send's Mr Right that It will be Mr Right. And that God will give me a strogn will if the wrong person comes in my life. So I wonder why no temptation comes, or why it doesnt work out with people who I think is great, but that is what I asked for. That God would keep Mr Wrongs away and reveal to me/give me a strong will if the wrong person comes in my life and he has been pretty faithful in that! By making me not want people, but rather want His will for me

Revelations

This is a hectic scripture I read today...

Joshua says in Joshua 24:15

"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

The people respond by saying in vs 16...

"Far be it from us to forsake the LORD to serve other gods! 17 It was the LORD our God himself who brought us and our fathers up out of Egypt, from that land of slavery, and performed those great signs before our eyes. He protected us on our entire journey and among all the nations through which we traveled. 18 And the LORD drove out before us all the nations, including the Amorites, who lived in the land. We too will serve the LORD, because he is our God."

Then

19 Joshua said to the people, "You are not able to serve the LORD. He is a holy God; he is a jealous God. He will not forgive your rebellion and your sins. 20 If you forsake the LORD and serve foreign gods, he will turn and bring disaster on you and make an end of you, after he has been good to you."

Hectic

21 But the people said to Joshua, "No! We will serve the LORD."

Then Joshua said, "You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen to serve the LORD."
"Yes, we are witnesses," they replied.

23 "Now then," said Joshua, "throw away the foreign gods that are among you and yield your hearts to the LORD, the God of Israel."

24 And the people said to Joshua, "We will serve the LORD our God and obey him."

25 On that day Joshua made a covenant for the people, and there at Shechem he drew up for them decrees and laws. 26 And Joshua recorded these things in the Book of the Law of God. Then he took a large stone and set it up there under the oak near the holy place of the LORD.

27 "See!" he said to all the people. "This stone will be a witness against us. It has heard all the words the LORD has said to us. It will be a witness against you if you are untrue to your God."

Hectic Hectic...

Serving God is not easy...Like Pastor said today, not for the fainthearted. Bit of a catch 22 situation. You know you cant without him, yet in you there is no righteousness. Thank You once again Lord Jesus for becoming our righteousness, and that in you we can be faithful to God.

Thoughts on Leading Holiday Club

This was hectic for me.Very different to lead strong leaders than to go out and reach the lost. At times very frustrated that it seemed people werent' listening to me or getting the heart/jist of it. But then sunday was heavily convicted in church. Truth is, if the leaders should listen to me. who should I be listening to.? If I was struggling to have my quiet time and listen to my leader (God) how can I expect of them to listen to me... And yet everytime I took that minute, or 5 or 10 minutes, God intervened...

Just like in Judges, where everytime the people repented God came through...

Straight after holiday club although there were blessings and fruits all I could see is how I failed. But today I'm choosing to look at the positives and learn from the negatives. And believe me there were more positive than negative. Robz even got a job today! (Again is it about me when just looking at the Negative) Had a quick chat with Lesley F and he said I should think about what I learnt about God and what I learnt about me in this time

Humble Pie lessons!

On that note...

Some words that have been standing out for me

Inconveniant.
- An Inconveniant Call - Ps Frank
- Inconvenience - Humility - Going out of your way for someone else - Jesse and me conversation
- Inconveniant to serve and make a difference in someone else's life which is what God is calling us to do, be brave and do it - Ps Phil at Hillsong last night.

Work wise.

Heard the opportunity passed me by which was in some ways again an uncertainty and in other ways a relief. because I was feeling this is a bit hectic to me. Also a bit frustrated (though frustration is not good as can lead to sin) with myself cause I said I need a word from God that I'm doing the right thing and that money will come in. I got not only 1 but 2, but didnt stand on the word! And 7 months later, a bit scared of how it will work out and should actually be having faith now! Is getting a job copping out? God Your will be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment