Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Great News...And isn't God just Great..!

So this year begins with being retrenched which was semi ok for me because last year I had already begun to think about what I would be doing instead if I wasnt in IT and the list had narrowed down to two options... 1)full time ministry and 2)studying teaching. I then said well let me just finish my btech and pay off my debts first, but then got the news that I wouldnt be working there anymore, but at the same time it was just exactly the kind of news one needed to hear to actually pursue your dreams and even my parents at that stage were in agreement, because they were kind of tired of me moaning about IT :) And it wasnt the work or the people cause I quite enjoyed the training and creating things I had never heard of before.But at the same time I so longed to use my energy for the things that I love, giving my life to build up others not businesses. And besides that comments from friends and people I didnt know and even the timing of the news, it was the right moment to step out... (God has this funny way of preparing your for things, but more of that later)

Then after waiting for scripture and getting two(wasnt prepared to step out if i didnt know it was from God) of them I decided to volunteer this youth for the Drayc NGO, and that would be pioneering the school project at my old highschool. I went to the school, met with the Life Orientation teacher, and Christian Union leader, gave one of the lessons there, and then holidays came. After the holidays we were so busy with carnival things that by the time I went back to the school it was June Holidays... After the holiday, there was no more money coming in and my parents were also going through some financial stuff, so basically there was no extra money for my car, or studies next year, or anything, and debits are going off on empty bank accounts. And it seemed that everything is saying now is the time to get a job? But at the same time I was worrying that I did not do my part in terms of finances and knew/or thought that I would regret that I didnt finish what I was starting on the highschool and in ministry? And wasnt sure if this was giving up? Or perhaps a new season or end of that season...?

My parents began to suggest that I get a teaching job seeing as I want to teach and I was a bit scared because I know I don't have a qualification to teach yet. And so I said "o-ok" but didnt really go out of my way yet to look for a job because was still trusting that somehow the finances would come and I would be able to finish the year that I had set aside. Then came a " two week relieving an English teacher post", that my mom heard through one of her clients.That didnt sound too hectic, short term, the teacher supports you,some cash. I started getting my cv ready. At the same time I saw this youth worker post in Franschoek on the net. Which I didnt mind either cause I love Franschoek :)

So now really began to get my cv ready. Then went to the school to inform them of my Btech project and their possible involvement. And also said to the life orientation teacher that I will unfortunately not be able to help them anymore as I need to get a job. And then mentioned that I was applying for the 2 week relieve teacher post. She then told me they are currently urgently looking for a teacher. I must bring my cv in when I come to speak to the principal about the Mxit project. I then sat and cleaned up my cv. Came to meet with the principal yesterday but he was too busy (kids involved in things they shouldnt do. cant wait to be a part of setting that right) and then I had to meet with the deputy principal who didnt know why I was there, and was extremely friendly wanting to know what I've been doing for the past ten years, etc.etc...I then told him why i was there, and the education direction I was heading in. He then said he will give my cv to the principal I will have to share the detail with him, but the only person interested in the post called the day before to say they not taking the job... He arranged that I meet the principal 9h30 today. The principal also called to my house to confirm the time.

I then dressed up. Although it was not an interview? I wasnt sure, and wasnt sure if the heels was too much or should I wear my wonderful Ugs? :) how do u spell this. But dressed properly regardless. I went in the office not knowing what to expect. It wasnt an interview but more a discussion of what will be expected, how much it wil pay etc.etc...And will be signing the contract tomorrow which I have a feeling may be day one too. Hence my mom told me to pack in bread... :)))

Anyway...Isnt God Great...! And the way he prepares you for something... Even my parents just nudging me and letting me know of opportunities... I still get to volunteer ::) Cause I'm there... and I am getting paid and I'm doing something I know I'll love and will give me experience for when I'm done with my studies. And it's so near that I will save lots on petrol and can even walk :)

Anyway. Time for bed. It's funny how everything works out... We have a faithful God. Like the word says. Even if we are not he is faithful. Cause he cannot go against who he is.

Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment