Tuesday, August 19, 2008

today....

today, i saw a girl and a boy fight,
piercing eyes, shoving, kicking
and a bag thrown in the face
other children had to help seperate the two
and I had to run to press the button calling the principal
and get the teacher next door before the fight grew out of control or more people joined in
At the same time as I saw the rage I thought, how do I know these children arent being beaten up in the same way at home, and thats the only way they know how to handle the situation.
It was extra sad, when I find out in the office the girl doesnt have parents, and is actually a good girl realising that the way they survive these classes and life is by fending for themselves.

Today I heard a teacher sad, tired and drained
having arrived back from hospital and pouring his heart out into his class
Only to go back to class and see the class more rowdy than before.

Today I heard teachers speaking about how they arent protected and how a learner won a case against the WCED for smoking dagga on the school and another who came to school with a sword and the school was blamed...

If you've never prayed for schools before. Now is the time to start. They are our future and if I go with what I see it looks bleak, but thank God when we look through our spiritual eyes, there is hope to turn the tide, So pray for our schools and if you want to pray for me, pray for the teachers of the school I'm at as well as my grade 9 E.

No comments:

Post a Comment