Monday, August 11, 2008

"me"aningful sara groves quotes to "me"

"I saw what I saw and I can't forget it
I heard what I heard and I can't go back
I know what I know and I can't deny it
Something on the road, cut me to the soul

Your pain has changed me
your dreams inspire
your face a memory
your hope a fire
your courage asks me what I'm afraid of
and what I know of love"

"Lord I have a heavy burden of all I've seen and know
It's more than I can handle
But your word is burning like a fire shut up in my bones
and I cannot let it go

And when I'm weary and overwrought
with so many battles left unfought

I think of Paul and Silas in the prison yard
I hear their song of freedom rising to the stars
And when the Saints go marching in
I want to be one of them

...but when I think of all who've gone before and lived the faithful life
their courage compells me
I see the shepherd Moses in the Pharohs court
I hear his call for freedom for the people of the Lord
...
I see the long quiet walk along the Underground Railroad
I see the slave awakening to the value of her soul

I see the young missionary and the angry spear
I see his family returning with no trace of fear

I see the long hard shadows of Calcutta nights
I see the sisters standing by the dying man's side

I see the young girl huddled on the brothel floor
I see the man with a passion come and kicking down the door

I see the man of sorrows and his long troubled road
I see the world on his shoulders and my easy load

And when the Saints go marching in
I want to be one of them"

"Loving a person just the way they are, it's no small thing
It takes some time to see things through
Sometimes things change, sometimes we're waiting
We need grace either way

Hold on to me, I'll hold on to you
Let's find out the beauty of seeing things through

There's a lot of pain in reaching out and trying,It's a vulnerable place to be
Love and pride can't occupy the same spaces baby, Only one makes you free

If we go looking for offense, We're going to find it
If we go looking for real love,We're going to find it"

"When anger fills your heart
When in your pain and hurt
You find the strength to stop
You bless instead of curse...
When sorrow fills your life
When in your grief and pain
You choose again to rise
You choose to bless the name

That's a little stone that's a little mortar
That's a little seed that's a little water
In the hearts of the sons and the daughters
The kingdom's coming

In the mundane tasks of living
In the pouring out and giving
In the waking up and trying
In the laying down and dying"



"How can I tell this story again to make you wonder when
You stopped believing
How can I paint a picture of this kind of love
This kind of healing,Oh"

"Sometimes it's hard to tell what to keep and what to kill
What of this makes us who we are
All that we love the most, all that we cannot let go
How much of change can we survive?

I'm here to re-write this tragedy, One line at a time
Hold on, I'm changing all the scenery, It's okay we'll be fine
Cause we know how this ends,We know there's a better story

There's a better story
Of true love of true grace
There's the hope of glory
And our first chance to be truly brave
It's the place we're going
When we can't stay where we are"


"Something changed inside me broke wide open all spilled out
Till I had no doubt that something changed
Never would have believed it till I felt it in my own heart
In the deepest part the healing came

And I cannot make it
And I cannot fake it
And I can't afford it
But it's mine

Something so amazing in a heart so dark and dim
When a wall falls down and the light comes in"

"I can tell by your eyes that you're not getting any sleep
And you try to rise above it, but feel you're sinking in too deep...
And I did not come here to offer you cliché's
I will not pretend to know of all your pain
Just when you cannot, then I will hold out faith, for you..
I believe...
It's going to be alright
It's going to be alright
cast your cares..."

"Shine on me with your light
Without you Iím a cold dark stone
Shine on me I have no light of my own
You are the sun, you are the sun, you are the sun
And I am the moon"

"spending my time sleep walking
moving my mouth but not saying a thing
hoping the changes would take by working their way from the outside in
I was in love with an idea...

there's so many ways to hide
there's so many ways not to feel
there's so many ways to deny what is real

And I just showed up for my own life
and I'm standing here taking it in and it sure looks bright!...
Oh the glory of God is man fully alive!

I'm going to live my life inspired...
I'm going to feel all my emotions...
I'm gonna look you in the eyes"

"Oh Love wash over a multitude of things...make us whole"

"We come with beautiful secrets
We come with purposes written on our hearts, written on our souls
We come to every new morning
With possibilities only we can hold, that only we can hold

Redemption comes in strange place, small spaces
Calling out the best of who we are


And I want to add to the beauty
To tell a better story
I want to shine with the light
That's burning up inside

It comes in small inspirations
It brings redemption to life and work
To our lives and our work

It comes in loving community
It comes in helping a soul find it's worth

This is grace, an invitation to be beautiful
This is grace, an invitation"

"I am long in staying
I am slow to leave
especially when it comes to you my friend
you have taught me to slow down
and to prop up my feet
it's the fine art of being who I am"

"at the risk of wearing out my welcome
at the risk of self discovery
I'll take every moment and every minute that you give me"

"and in your hands, the pain and hurt, look less like scars and more like character"

"Oh how the little things
Strengthen my tiny wings
Help me to take on the world
When you love me there's nothing I wouldn't try
I might even fly"

"I dont have to be ashamed
hang my head and shoulder the blame
wondering if my life's been in vain
I don't have to be ashamed...
ooh you did that for me...you wore the chains so I can be free, you did that for me"

"Man of sorrows
well acquainted with grief
drug down to the city
spreadeagle on a cross beam
propped up like a scarecrow
nailed like a thief
there for all the world to see"

"And everything is important
Everything is not
At the end of your life your relationships are all you got"

"And love to me is when you put down that one more thing and say I've got something better to do. And love to me is when you walk out on that one more thing and say nothing will come between me and you. Not even one thing"

"So many words to say, but I'm opting for silence
So many days to live
I thinking I'm sitting this one out
Cause something I've been chasing finally stop to let me catch it
Something I've been longing for and dreaming about

It's a whisper in my ear
It's a shiver up my spine
It's the gratitude I feel for all that's right
It's a mystery appeal that's been granted me tonight
This peace...

No time to grab a camera
No time to write it down
Just time enough to breathe it in
And linger"

"I will not let this bitter root grow in me
I will not let you leave that legacy
But it gets so hard when pain is all I see, ooh
And every time I find healing, you making a new mess
And I am learning the real meaning of forgiveness
And I could move and never send you a forwarding address
Or I could learn the real meaning of forgiveness

...and I try to remove myself from your path
and i keep waking up in the aftermath
...but this constant fight is breaking me
...and it gets so hard to know how to trust"

"In the morning when I rise
Help me to prioritize
All the thoughts that fill my day

...Before the snooze alarm
Reminds me that it's morning
Before the dreams have left my head

I want to praise You
I need to praise You

Let the first song that I sing
Be praises to my God and King
(Praise the Lord, Praise Him) "

"There'll be no one there to tell us we're odd
No one to change our opinions of God
Just lots of rocks and this dusty sod
Here at our church on the moon"

"Sit with me and tell me once again
Of the story that's been told us
Of the power that will hold us
Of the beauty, of the beauty
Why it matters"

No comments:

Post a Comment