Thursday, August 14, 2008

Provision

Well just got back from lifegroup and just hanging with the youth and was blessed yet again. The girls were all saying how financial difficulty affects their lives and then I encouraged them with something I encouraged myself and God encouraged me with...

So let me back track...

On Sunday during tithes and offerings. As I sat there about to tithe and give God what I had to, I thought... What would I say if I was sharing the tithe and offering message. And I was thinking that sort of tithe and offering I do sort of out of duty. I dont hesitate...Ok sometimes slightly when I'm unsure if I did or not, but in general tithing is something I see as part of life there's no question... and when I have I give. But when it comes to being expectant full of faith about receiving or sowing... thats where it comes a bit harder for me. Cause all the time in my head it says dont give because you expect back so I dont really expect back but at the same time it's been grey clouds financially. That and my stewardship that is normally my prayer when tithing. God help me to get a breakthrough in the way I handle my money.... So I start thinking what would I say and this is what came to me:

"Remember when you were struggling to receive God's love....What was God's answer to you to receive it... Love on him. And love on him, you did. And as you began to love God, your heart began to stretch to be able to receive his love, plus the love that he pours back onto you for just blessing him with your love.

In the same way if you want to receive financial breakthrough from God, begin to give. Give your money,and give it with a grateful giving heart. Not because of obligation, duty, or other motives, but develop a giving heart... And as you give, sow, Give yourself, your possessions, time, etc... you are stretching yourself to receive what God will give back to you and pour back into your life. Not because you are doing it to receive but doing it because its a part of who you are. "

I then through my money in the bowl with a different heart. Saying thankyou, Loving on Him, and being grateful. And giving in my attitude.

Little did I know things would change this week. And I as I blogged previously I got a job at the school that I love!

So it's no.1 If you want breakthrough begin to give.

no.2 So in cell this topic comes up again, I spent my last cash today and wondered how I'm going to get to tech tomorrow to write my exam, and so as the girls keep bringing up financial issues ( just realised the connection now with their issues and my breakthroughs ) and how it does affect their lives as it affects their parents moods,etc... I begin to share the revelation of Sunday to them. So encourage them to start giving, time, a smile, money if they have,etc.etc. While I am sharing this the older lady at the next table gives me a smile. After the cell she says she is so inspired by what she has seen and it just made a day of God giving her breakthrough just end even greater...To see the youth are in God. We spoke a little, and she mentioned something about the Seed which she said she will share again if I come and visit her in Klapmuts where she lives. She then slipped an envelope in my hand which I was too embarassed to open there and waited till later, just before she left toopen it. and there was R100. I then ran outside to thank her and as you know I now have what I needed to get to university. God is amazing.

Lastly no 3. He provides for my daily need. He showed me in 2 scriptures Ezra and Solomons rebuilding of the temple (which I will share later) that he will see to my daily need. And he really has been taking care of me on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment