Thursday, January 3, 2008

2008 - year of obedience...



I've reached the third part of the revelation God has given me in 2006 - Love Trust and Obey...

The word says if we love him. we'll obey him but in 2006 God showed me before I can obey him and the reason why I was struggling with obeying him was because I needed to work on my love relationship with him, that what I thought was love was just a drop of what love really is as the bible says God is love (1 John) so I needed to "Just love on him" and allow his love transform me as I receive his love! This also increased as I got to know him more.

In 2007 God started working on the now that you love me you need to trust me with ALL your heart. Without loving it's hard but as I know God and Love him I should trust Him with ALL My heart and not on my own understanding. There were many situations in 2007 where I saw that Why I am I not getting this right then I took a step back and checked am I loving God, Yes, Am I trusting with all my heart? no, so need to work on that, e.g the who what when of marriage? If I love God I will trust Him and lean not on my own understanding (Proverbs 3)

As the year was coming to an end I found my old journal and saw me crying out to God in 2003 about the same things I was crying out to God now, and I asked myself why hasnt things changed, why am I still struggling with those things, then I saw I've been asking God to take away those things or change those things but what have I really done about my situation, e.g praying about debt? Have I really put my hands to the plough to sort it out. No. And if I love God, trust him it is now time to come to a place of obedience because I know God, because I love him, because I know he can be trusted therefore I need to be obedient...

Therefore 2008 is a year of obedience -> responsibility, focus, accountability, working at things, while all the while making sure the foundation of love and trust levels are where they should be and at the same time being open for what ever else God may be wanting to share with me as a next step...

Love you my Lord. Help me Live this life.
Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment