Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Latests Observations, Questions, Revelations, Complications

1) Yang Jianli
==========

wikipedia:
Yang, a Tiananmen Square activist in 1989, came to the United States, earned two Ph.D.s (Ph.D., Political Economy, Harvard University and Ph.D. Mathematics, University of California, Berkeley), and then founded the Foundation for China in the 21st Century. Given his political activism, he was blacklisted by the government of the People's Republic of China, who also refused to renew his passport.Yang returned to China in April 2002 on a friend's passport to view labor unrest in northeast China. He was detained when trying to board an internal flight. His wife and children as well as his extended family were denied access to Yang and were justifiably concerned for his health and safety while he languished in prison. On May 13, 2004, the PRC announced a guilty verdict and sentenced Yang to five years in prison for espionage and illegal entry. On April 27, 2007, Yang was released from Chinese prison, but was not allowed to leave China. On August 19, 2007, he was finally allowed to return to the United States.

Quotes from his article - Overcome Fear - http://www.yangjianli.com/articles/overcome%20fear.htm

"our priest Leslie Sterling says “Dear Brothers and Sisters: Live without fear!” This simple but powerful blessing strikes a resounding chord in my heart each time I hear it."

"I have come to realize that to end a dictatorship we must begin with efforts to end deep-rooted fear in ourselves and in the people whose freedom we are fighting for."

" Fear becomes habit and habit becomes second nature. Fear is internalized to the degree that people sometimes do not even feel fear but always know how to behave and not cross the lines. "

2) Parents
========

Read in book i gave Ilze from Ron Luce called Extreme Promises for Teens...

Besides love Parents require obedience and love from their kids... if a parent asks you something and you do it but you do it with and attitude you are not honouring them. Honour has to do with your attitude.

God calls you to honour them not because of how they are but who they are.... and if you honour them not only will your relationship with them be better but also you will be pleasing God and be blessed.

3) Accountability
============

I said this year is the year to lose weight (and meet my mate>Well depending on God of course!)

And friends have decided to hold me accountable, as well as another to my ladylikeness, and if my alarm is set to go off at 6 my mom is there at 5h55am to wake me up and I got annoyed but then realised that is what i wanted to have a breakthough, here are a whole lot of people coming along side me and holding me accountable to it....

Yeah!

4) Brother Yun and other stories
=======================

Articles section and latest update, really great... www.backtojerusalem.com

Article by brother yun about having a caleb spirit and not looking at how huge things seem but in the eyes of a huge God.

I am just blessed to hear testimonies of saudi arabian people and the tuareg people in niger, and just how God is changing lives and how they are prepared to die to take the gospel of jesus to others...How much has the gospel of Jesus transformed my life...Have I received it, gotten saved, saved out of my sin, but now just managing life...

Or am i transformed by the gospel living daily, dying daily because of the word of God in my life

5) Fasting Blogs
============

Blogging them so when I need them in future they are easy to find
By Pastor Steve Murrell
http://smurrell.multiply.com/journal/item/144/I_Hate_Fasting
http://www.stevemurrell.com/198
http://smurrell.multiply.com/journal/item/145

Great

"Day 2 & I’m Hungry… …for more of God.

That’s what this fasting thing is all about – hunger for God.

- Not getting something FROM God, but getting more OF God.
- Not seeking answers to prayers, but seeking the God who answers.
- Not losing weight, but losing things that weigh us down.

I’m hungry. How about you?

I’m praying Matt 5:6 for you today.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matt 5:6"

Now the thought comes to me, am I hungering for my life to work out or for his righteousness and purposes...Anyway I know that God wants more of me

6) Scriptures
=========

Shared Psalm 34 with someone going through somethign - becoming one of my favourite scriptures
also intensely began studying 1 John yesterday. At a glance, very challenging.challenging issues with people I may need to be sure I am dealt with, loving others...
will blog my revelations at a later stage...it's late need to get to bed ..


7) The winds of change
================

Well thats been the latest in my life...Still seeking God for the answer to my future
Feel that I should spend less time talking to people and more time talking to God
like Samuel who ran to Eli, and it was God calling him...

Trying not to let fear come in because I cant hear if I am fearing.

But God is faithful and loves me and I him

He is my perfect gentleman and my rich husband :)

Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment