Thursday, January 3, 2008

Amazing Holiday...

I need to go backwards with this as my memory is very cranky

2 Jan 2008: Coffee with Wayne as he is going back to Pretoria soon, and playing a couple of rounds of streetfighter, the difference between me and him is he knows which buttons cause which move where i am just pressing randomly! I will be practising till the next time he comes to Cape Town. I can use my back as an excuse for not winning at the motor bike game but dont quote me on that one :)

1 Jan 2008: Spur outing with Clayton, Judy and Berenice. Learnt what journalism is about had good catchup session, and got janine's number after not seeing her for years. Great end to the day. Before that had the best Juice at Berenice's house, Exotic from Pick 'n Pay I think. And before that was supposed to hook up with Liesl but that didnt happen, and spent most of the day sleeping from 7 - 5PM... As you know I dont like sleeping so every hour or so I would wake up and think i slept for 3 only to find out it was one, and every time an sms went off I'd hope its someone to invite me out...

From after midnight till 7am was at party at The Baptismo's house in Welgemoed with the most awesome view of cape town, basically the northern suburbs but you can see pretty far, i think to the table bay and mountain. The party had its ups and downs, me jumping up to dance to the oldies "If you say jump I'll say how high", and a modern song to the background music of michael jackson... At first kinda getting used to the crowd which was mostly students who regularly hang, but because I stayed whole night could get to bond especially with Liesl, chat to Chesray about hair and identity, Bond with Lana, Candice, Simone (and kept saying her name wrong!) and Chrissy and See Carmel and Lehane (what a lovely surprise). We also played Mafia which was fun except I was the Mafia and it seems my twitching lip is back and therefore it was pretty obvious that I was lying! And the villagers were so good they basically got each one of us mafia in a row. There was also a hectic conversation about Does size count for guys size meaning fat or thin... But ja all in all it was an interesting fun, long great new years night/morning day...

Also made the analogy of how I feel dancing to modern hip hop music...It's like when I speak Xhosa, although I can speak it in the real accent, I normally speak it in my accent when I have to because when I make my voice in a Xhosa accent I feel like I'm making fun, or acting, it's the same with the modern music. When I dance the way I see all the others dance, although I can make it look funky, i feel like I am acting pretending when I do so therefore i dont dance or just bob side to side clicking my fingers. This is a total contradiction to the way I dance when I hear the type music I like (One tannamera), however I'll admit you may still find me playing the fool with dancing - running man, sixties dancing, macerena.

31st Dec 2007

The day ended with the 7 pm braai/service...What a nice time... Judy and I decided to include Shaun in our shopping for the evening and he in turn braaied our meet and for the first time we were adequately prepared for the event albeit late, but we had a nice chop with sausage, 3 salads, roll and coke in nice plastic champaigne glasses. I played Wii and beat my opponent in the boxing by boxnig high in the sky and managing to hit his face most of the time...Could this be because I was taller and playing against a child : Never thought of this one, but then again he could have hit me in my stomach... I had fun with the twins, its funny how they did take their roles and Jesse will say Hi, but Joshua will Hug me, when he sees me, and vice versa for Judy because of the day we semi looked after them and said I am Joshua's mother for the day and Judy, Jesse's also they both and Jeriah commented on my short hair so had to come up with funny comments, like I wanted to really look like your mom who has a similar cut, and for Jeriah with his braids you cant be the only one looking cool I wanted to look cool too! What else happened that night, nice time with Jodie, and just little moments here and there, though I was a bit worrying about the being accountable about that issue bit.But it was ok in the end. The worship was amazing, outside under the stars, singing Gods praises, I seperated myself and stood on the side at the back cause I knew I'd be holding back in the row... The word was again that word Ps gave us as youth leaders in one DC session, that really really spoke so was very appropriate: 1 Corinthians 15: 58

58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Again reminded about how 2008 things are going to be doubling up and being ready for the new things God is going to birth... ]Countdown was a bit confusing as everyone had different times, but after that we rushed for the party

The day of the 31st was amazing, we left early morning for Palmiet River ( in my car Judy, Tatum and Tarryn joining us). Tatum drove cool and she was quite a good driver... we were 4 cars I think Wayne with Mel, Wendy and Natalie, Tresswell, Shaun with Dalene, Carmen and Davina, and Tonderai and Elton, dont think I'm missing anyone. Jodie them couldnt make it cause she wasnt feelign too well... I thought we were going to the river part I know by the beach in Kleinmond, but we pulled off to park at a day camping spot and then walked past the bridge we drove on, down put our things down and spent the day either swimming doing silly things in the water or eating... There were 3 points one could jump off a smaller cliff about 3, 4 meters from the water, a higher cliff, way more than that, you have to hike to get there, and the bridge, where though my friends have jumped off there before this time they didnt. First got in the water then went to the "Jacouzi" part which was not like a jacouzi at all. the current was pretty strong, you basically had to put you bum firm on the ground and hold on our you'd be swept away, though if I had to stand the water would be to my knees the rocks below our feet was slippery and the current was super strong...Then Shaun convinced me (tricked) me in coming to them, what happens is the moment you let go the water takes you from that point to the next without you doing anythign, dalene caught me firsttime, shaun the second, but then I slipped thorugh and went past and hit my back against a rock and it's still paining but going to wait 2 weeks before going for exrays, though did go to the doc yesterday about it. It was still worth it anyway :) the pain wasnt too bad then so I went to jump off the baby cliff. I was really irritated with fear, as I would walk slowly not wanting to slip on wet rocks and then stood for 30 min staring off the edge, knowing nothing can happen to me, it's goign to feel nice, and I'm not really taking risks, so I can trust God abotu jumping off the cliff even though Mentally I knew I had nothign to worry about jumping off, I still let the fear get to me a little, and little 10 - 12 year olds would run past not even thinking about the wet rocks do somersaults, funny jumps into the water... The first time I jumped I apparantly tried to turn back and hold on to the rock while going down, it all happened so fast I had no idea, but now that the fear was gone too I had to do it a second time, climbed back up and this time concentrated on keeping my arms at my side and feet pointed as I jumped the moment I went underwater my body went flat like lying on a bed and then it bent like a V while I was still going down, that was weird, but still great! I then had a little pain in my back making myself realise that maybe i did bump myself pretty bad. Apparantly the second time i jumped I jumped centimeters from the cliff ;) The rest of my friends either didnt or did jump from the higher cliff..One friend taking 5 hours to will herself to Jump. It was awesome, cause Tresswell and I started speaking words of faith and then in my mind I thought it would be cool to clap for her and then within about 5 minutes people started clapping and it turned out that everyone, our group, others on the river bank and the river bank on the other side of the bridge all started clapping, although she was a bit embarrassed I knew it was a joint encouragement not just saying Come on do it so we can go home, but Hey we're with you we're cheering you on you can do it, and just clapping shortly after that she took the jump which was apparantly better than all the other guys jumps... Was an amazing day, came back tanned (and now peeling) and refreshed! (Love nature)

Sun 30 lunch at the Temmers and swimming at John the Baptismo's house...

Went to lunch there as wayne was lunching there, and I had missed the previous gettogethers, the Food was great. Tondy and Elton were there too, we had a chat about finding out the roots of things, eg. acupuncture.... Tondy said he's going to hold me accountable to my weight loss plan and that carbs arent good and when i asked Elton to rinse my bowl after having ice cream and he asked why and I said I'm having custard he answered You cant have custard, I'm holding you accountable! I did anyway though, I told them later they must do Taebo with me, and they said they dont know the roots :) Back at ya. We then went to swim at the Baptismo's house, it turns out his mom did a pattern course with my mom, and we swam but after an hour I think Natalie had to go so I was the only girl but it didnt feel weird for me or for them so that was cool we played Marco Polo when Natalie was still there (I'm really bad at that game) and then after she left we played "trying to through the basket ball into the hoop with a tree as an obstruction" the highest score was only 2 out of 5 and I made 1 out of 5 twice. From there we went to tondy's flat to charge his bakkie's battery from my car. And from there we were going to go to the driving range? to hit some golf balls, but I then went home and spent time with Thalia I think, going to look at her new house (not so sure now what I did at that point).

Church went to both services so the message stuck :) about having a Dissatisfaction, Direction, for 2008 will put down message later....:) based on Phillipians 3 about Paul not looking back but pressing on - Determination...Worship was lovely too...

Well I need to go to bed now, it being 2 minutes before 12 and dont want to oversleep, still wanna share my christmas revelations but that will have to wait for another time...

(thanks my Lord for this amazing holiday)
Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment