Monday, January 7, 2008

A kick in the butt in the right direction...

So Friday I talk to this lady in the train about how I dont really want to be in IT anymore, that its getting harder to go on and she says I should really pray about it cause I've invested so many years ( 1999 started studying my national diploma, finished 2002, volunteered at a open source lab project, taught computer lessons at a school 2003 to 2004, worked for 18 months at Shuttleworth Foundation, very soon will be 2 years since working at my current work place, started studying my degree in IT last year, supposed to finish it this year). So I've invested alot this year, but still dissatisfied, and she said I must really pray and seek God's face about what it is that He really wants for me. I say Yes. I really want to know cause I really cant anymore, get to work and my first work related email is a letter from my work place retrenching me. My response was a shocked "oh yes", instead of Oh no, yes there was a bit of surrealness about it, but at the same time after the conversation of the morning this was like Ok, now I'm going to make a break from this field and really do my passion.

Only question of course is what I'm going to do, there are many options, study teaching, go fulltime in youth ministry,etc.etc...

But I will be like Samuel and Say Lord Speak for Your servant listens...

Chan

2 comments:

  1. All things work together for good for you for you love god and are called according to His purpose. He has something great in store for you. Listen carefully, be very patient and yes, wait. Most importantly... LISTEN very carefully.
    God's Love and Peace.

    God's Princes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks princess...whoever you are, you may not even see my response! Thanks so much, I am trying to listen more!

    ReplyDelete