Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Love...

God You are absolutely amazing...
You not only hear but listen
Not only listen to my words but my heart
You care so much deeper than what I know or understand
Thank you for so faithfully taking care of me
I need much taking care of :)
Thanks for bringing a smile on my face
And a tear to my eye
Thanks for being slow to anger, abounding in love
Thank you for the riches of your kindness, tolerance and patience
Thank you that Your kindness lead and leads me to repentance
Thank you for beautiful music, for beautiful friends.
Thank you for my family

God help me to handle the hurt amidst the joys
Lord strengthen me to face misunderstanding, strong words, selfishness
Lord you see my heart, Lord, you know the heart of man
therefore who am I to think I am holier than thou
I know that i will be held accountable for every thought, word and action
that makes me scared a bit, is that what will happen Lord
how much sin is there then still in my heart that I've forgotten to not only confess but repent of...

Lord, here am I
I say I love people yet i hide under a rock when those very people do what people do
And yet I cannot give my life for money, ambition, etc.
I dont want to be a copy, or stand in someone else's space.
Lord come and define me
Etch your path, your dreams in my heart.
Lord and as I seek them and first and foremostly you
Give me the strength to take the steps I need to take
Lord Give me the ability to rest in You and Your peace
God, help me to know how to deal with Man...
Lord give me a greater capacity in Love
Lord first and foremoste a greater capacity of knowing and loving you
Oh and not just dealing with man,
but myself Lord...

Lord You are Holy
And I am Yours
By your Spirit, help me become the me You want me to be

Amen....


This Peace lyrics
Sara Groves

So many words to say, but I'm opting for silence
So many days to live
I thinking I'm sitting this one out
Cause something I've been chasing finally stop to let me catch it
Something I've been longing for and dreaming about

It's a whisper in my ear
It's a shiver up my spine
It's the gratitude I feel for all that's right
It's a mystery appeal that's been granted me tonight
This peace

It's something so elusive
Something close but far away (amen)
It's the home that I can't live in yet somewhere in outer space
And sometimes I barely miss it when I walk into the room
The curtains are still swaying and I feel the air move

And it whispers in my ear and it shivers up my spine
It's the gratitude I feel for all that's right
It's a mystery appeal that's been granted me tonight
This peace

No time to grab a camera
No time to write it down
Just time enough to breathe it in
And linger

It's a whisper in my ear
It's a shiver up my spine
It's the gratitude I feel for all that's right
It's a mystery appeal that's been granted me tonight
This peace
This peace

No comments:

Post a Comment