Tuesday, November 4, 2008

On another note...

(not that my previous note is gone, just shoved aside cause it's still hurting) but blogging anyway what i wanted to blog sunday and previously...

I may have said before that God is taking me to the next lesson after obedience, though I can really see that obedience is stepping up at the moment, cause discipline, focus, etc.etc, is a daily struggle...but so far there has been some guidance or hints as to what is next and it's FAITH...

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. - Hebrews 11:6

I dont like being at different places to everyone else, but I guess it's
something I have to accept cause God has a unique path for my life, but on Sunday they preached about Faith in action and how faith is at work, etc. and how faith should be...It's definitely in line with the theme, but I'm at a different place

Because for me without God's faithfulness to me, I would not be able to put my faith in action...I'm just not superhuman, and I'm sure they meant that it goes without saying but at the point of trying to get out of striving or running past God, I need to remind myself of those things, or rather I am so aware right now that it's because of His faithfulness towards me that I'm able to be victorious and face things by faith and if he did not extend that faithfulness I either would get nothing done or it would be all in my own strength...

Secondly in putting your faith in action, it involves looking at the author and perfector of our faith - Hebrews 12:2 ..."Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith," Yes I know that one cant just say we love Jesus and not live it, but at the same time we cant go and do the work of the ministry without the God of the ministry...As we look to Jesus we realise his faithfulness towards us and that spills out in lives full of faith in God and lived out by our actions...

Or so I think...
But more on that again...

No comments:

Post a Comment