Sunday, December 7, 2008

2008 ramblings...

Firstly let me just say 2 things that stood out for me today in church.

no 1. Christmas - Christ is like a gift that is under the christmas tree. Some people have received the gift but didnt open it...It lays under the tree forever

no.2. Revelation that I need to make Christ My focus, even more...Thats why I can fall because I am sometimes focused on everything that is going on around me instead of believeing and looking to Christ as the author and perfector of my faith and everything else around me too :) No matter what the situation...

Ok but moving along...

Just thought I'd begin to blog my thoughts about 2008. I was thinking how exciting 2008 was in the beginning of the year and even someone said it's two thousand and great! But for me...the year is feeling like a balloon that is deflated...Was so full but very quickly all air was released...

However what I can say definitely for 2008 God was great!

In terms of having a date and losing weight :) I can say I was invited to coffee :) didnt materialise though :) and I started doing tae bo and lost 2 kilos' but now after many parties, weddings etc. I gained it again...

Highlights of 2008:
* Losing My Job... Sounds weird but it was such a relief at the time, because felt I cant be in IT anymore
* God supplying my daily needs! With no job for many months I was able to pay for my car and other things every month...
* Reading the bible (not done but esp enjoyed the books Leveticus, from Judges onwards... to Ezra/Esther.etc.)
* Getting Healed :) Dont have active rheumatoid arthritis. No need to be back on medication...Was it a healing line no...Faith comes by hearing and Hearing by the word of God... This hear as I learnt to know God better. God inside of me brought healing :) I also believe that was what needed to be added to the faith and prayers others have had for me in the past...
*Leading 3 girls to the Lord...I must say the discipleship part is hard, Lord help me, but I know that at least seeds have been planted
*Teaching at a highschool. Was really tough! But definitely ups one's prayer levels...
*Getting accepted at UWC. Having cold feet now towards the end of the year, But I know that God is in control of the agenda
* Passing all subjects except Computer Security...But getting second chances for the subject ;)
* Meeting Tania/Samantha...Think that was this year! New friends always good. Good new friends, even better ;)
* Holiday Club... God really stretched me, was about to give up but then he came through in a huge way..
* free Arts and Crafts course through DRAYC. Love for art back with a vengeance...

There's probably more so I will probably edit this post as I remember them...

On the flip side...

* This year went so fast probably because I was so busy... Or if not it's my other theory that time is really going faster and what used to be a a year is now actually 5 months or so. I feel that in one year we did all the events that we did in all the years before. Carnival, Holiday Club, Jazz Evening, Youth Day/Week, End of Year Bash, 2 lifegroups, Victory Weekend and Lifegroup Festivals, Conference. etc.etc... At the time, I believe I was anointed to handle that pace, but right now I am so tired feel like I need a year off to recover. I realise for others this is nothing, but for me, I'm needing to know what God wants because if its what he wants then tehre is also the strength with which to do it, which is why I managed then...

* Relationships at an all time low, few friends, and few times of seeing good friends, and family I only upped halfway after had huge family problems at home. Then my Gran dies and I decide this is as important... And its not that I missed family events but I'd always juggle...Like spend an hour or 2 there then off at my next appointment.

* No money, no holiday :( :) the no money is partially my fault too.God has provided time and time agian but then I spend my money on junk food, hence the weight problem too...I've been home whole year but that doesnt mean a break! Really wish I could go on holiday!

Anyway, I will be intentional about looking to him for the rest of this year and trust he will come through for me. Right now Everything is looking low, but What is my name ( feminine grace, God is gracious, De Wet :) )

Thanks for the new beginning this year...Teach me your ways..So that every year with you is sweeter and sweeter... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment