Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Why I chose to Study at a University instead of at a University of Technology...

After being asked this more than 5 times and having to give this whole long explaination I thought I'd blog this and if anyone asks again I'd say refer to the blog...And also in terms of plans I believe this is the call but life does not always turn out the way we expect so this might not be cast in stone but this is where it's at for now, and what and why I am planning this way. I also desire to own a B&B,etc.etc...So who knows what the future holds.

* Firstly not studying teaching to be a teacher, in fact the course is not called teaching its B Ed.I'm studying Education to have an Education degree, so when I open up my own NGO as I was involved in this youth NGO that I am not just an individual who has no papers on her name trying to influence societyand government, but there are papers to my name. If I teach for 4 years it's just to get experience, but not to be a teacher for the next 20 years...cause thats not why I'm studying. And when done with last subject will already have a btech so adding a university degree to that...which is whats needed if u want to talk to the bigshots and make changes in this country Or where I think I'm going for now there are many other dreams on my heart

* I've been involved in His People UWC...so I have zillions of friends
there so have a support structure even before go to varsity

* In terms of university of technology's being practical, I've already taught at 2 schools without having any teaching training So I dont need that much practical training,...cause my end result is not to be a teacher so much, if that happens then it does

*If you study at a tech you get a package.10:42 AM me: if u study at university you select subjects which means I can select other subjects that may have nothing to do with teaching eg. French...and still have a B Ed at the end of the day... So thats what I like too after 4 years I dont necessarily have to be a teacher because u can rearrange ur subjects another way...e,g Life Orientation class at UWC is Psych.SO perhaps I can apply to be acounsellor cause i didnt only get the parts relevant to teaching but the full course. Remember I did study at a technickon before so I'm not going in this closed eyes...

*Oh yes and the last most very important reason is my chances of getting in and getting a bursary are better at university and there is no way I can afford to pay to study Education.... i would have a better chance of getting a bursary because most people apply at CPUT so the money has to be split between 3 campuses and many studednts where as at UWC its one department. And I have nooooo money so i need to get that bursary. Also my mom studied at UWC so makes it easier for me to get in and get a discount even if I dont get a bursary

No comments:

Post a Comment