Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Randomness :)

Log on to google and see this.



For a moment I am shocked... But then i saw it was only www.google.co.za. But nevertheless, great that they did that anyway :) Can you tell I'm proudly South African

Random thoughts/events for the morning...

* If I'm not a coloured because that is what the apartheid government labelled us, then what am I? And even Mandela in his book speaks about coloured people even before the apartheid regime began. According to me I am coloured/of mixed heritage and personally want to discover more about that...but for all those that say we not at all then what are we? Are you just defining who you are by the colour of your skin and if I take it further that you not white in colour. Cause as i said for me it's to do with the blood, the heritage and a little bit of the culture. (Note to those who have never had a conversation with me before on this, I am not saying my colouredness is more important than my christianity, in fact for me if u know me that doesnt feature much in certain aspects...but this was just the thought for the morning on this topic. (dont let me get to the illegitimate/bastard mentality thought)

* Watched snippets of Music and Lyrics this morning. I really like that movie. Really :) Even like what she says about how music is the feeling when u first meet someone, the atmosphere and lyrics is the lives of the people, who they are, where they come from, the detail :). However one not so nice thought about all of this. Her sister says "Dont tell me you slept with him..." Anyway was just thinking in these movies, it's like on the first date they kiss, then if they really like each other it's shown by when they sleep together, then after that they normally have a fall out,but get back together. But the sign of love and connection in these movies is always sex. Which makes me think how many teens are having sex. As a teacher I've seen first hand how really the media is defining them. I've even thought perhaps I should watch kiddies cartoons for 2 weeks and see if it has an effect on me and my values. But here's the thing they fail to include in these movies. The issues that goes with sleeping with someone,regardless of who they are boyfriend, or one night stand...(except marriage),that it is deep with a whole lot of issues, and uncomfortableness attached. It is not merely just like a kiss showing that there is something between the two, yet that is how it is portrayed in nearly every chick flick, so how many are losing their virginities by this, and no. 2 correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt the 2 sleeping together just open up a whole lot of other issues. Or have people hardened themselves to the point where sleeping with someone is like a first kiss. I dont know if someone will tell me that open and honestly but would like to know...Anyway if Not,then i'm very irritated with Hollywood for exposing and flooding us with that mentality..

Ok well thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment